Thursday, July 28, 2011

Dinner for Two


Since I am still in-between jobs and functioning as a "stay at home dad" in between my "stay-cation" duties (hanging at the beach, with friends, napping, etc.) I figured I should do a dinner for Natalie. Well, I got a little ambitious tonight, and I decided to try a parmesan asparagus risotto.

You can see the fresh ingredients I am getting here (except for the pre-prepared pesto sauce).






I also felt that it would be good to set the ambiance. On the table you see some sparkling limeade from Trader Joes (We don't usually like limeade - but that
stuff is pretty great), the top to a fresh pineapple I just cut up, some fresh shredded Parmesan cheese, and pesto sauce. There are no plates, because they're in the oven keeping warm, and the food is still keeping warm on the stove.
















The food turned out pretty great. Property prepared Risotto soaks up all of the juices and flavors from the veggies. Keeping it nice and warm without drying it out was tricky since Natalie got held up at work, but adding a touch of heated water lets the Risotto soak up some extra moisture and retain its flavor. I think this is one I will have to try again!

No comments:

Post a Comment