Saturday, January 1, 2011

The Beginning of another new Blog

Okay, so I realize that everyone (and their mother's) have a blog, but here I am with my own. Part of the reason is because I dislike Facebook, and part of the reason is because I want to remember my own thoughts from this upcoming year.

To begin, I would like to write about the things that I have seen God bless me with in 2010. I begun the year with a "book club". We covered such titles as Piper's Spectacular Sins, and MacArthur's Right Thinking in a World Gone Wrong. That was a great experience with some great friends. I really enjoyed the conversations that we shared and the deep thinking and meditation on practical aspects of God's word I was able to partake in.

I also begun reading through the whole Bible in 2010, a task I have yet to complete. I will be continuing my reading, since I was unable to finish in 1 year, like my goal stipulated. Nevertheless, I will still be able to finish, and I have still been learning and growing a lot in what I have read so far. Although this is not my first time reading through the whole Bible, I have been growing and learning a lot. In particular, I have been learning and growing in my realization that God does not want us reading and listening to sermons with the goal of "what we can DO for God", but rather how can we KNOW God better. To know God is to obey Him, but with a much deeper obedience than a legalistic approach can ever muster.

Another big event for Natalie and I this year was our trip to Europe. Since one of my goals with this blog, it is to post photos, here are my favorite 197 pictures from my Europe trip. http://picasaweb.google.com/ElJefeCP/FromEurope?authkey=Gv1sRgCMCp75aDhJjz4AE&feat=directlink I love how well they print out. Although 14 MP is too many, it allows them to be be scaled up and down easily.

No comments:

Post a Comment